Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

For the Love of Nature!

I was so happy to read a Great article yesterday that gave me such a lift! I feel like I've been waiting for something like this to come along for a loooooong time! The Article is called, For the Love of Money in the NY Times by Sam Polk. I almost couldn't believe what I was reading, that some $$ addicted, whoring, drug user admitting and coming clean that he and the entire environment on Wall St is one of , from the article,,
 "From that moment on, I started to see Wall Street with new eyes. I noticed the vitriol that traders directed at the government for limiting bonuses after the crash. I heard the fury in their voices at the mention of higher taxes. These traders despised anything or anyone that threatened their bonuses. Ever see what a drug addict is like when he’s used up his junk? He’ll do anything — walk 20 miles in the snow, rob a grandma — to get a fix. Wall Street was like that. In the months before bonuses were handed out, the trading floor started to feel like a neighborhood in “The Wire” when the heroin runs out."
 Why is it that some ex Hedge Funder who was unhealthy, addicted, greedy and hurting people for years can write an article admitting everything and the public is all patting him on the back, when there are decent people in the world who never did a "bad" thing in their lives and get NO recognition at all?! It reminds me of John Perkins who spent decades helping destroy the world by working for Private companies getting paid thousands of $$ to corrupt leaders of other countries so a few Rich people can set up camp in that country, under the guise of "Helping the people" only to make those Rich people even richer and the poor, poorer. Then he gets a guilty conscience after doing it for a while, write a book about what he did and the destruction he participated in and he's a Hero! I take objection to that!
 Although I am completely grateful that these men turned around and did what they did, I can't help but feel anger that, they get so easily forgiven, serve no jail time, made all this $$ to now go out into the world and be "Do gooders".
 Sam Polk talk about his father's Rage when he was growing up and his father drumming into him the importance of money, "Dad believed money would solve all his problems. At 22, so did I."
What makes me mad is that I never went after $ in my entire life because I knew that it was empty. I knew early on that $$ was supposed to be backed by and come to you from doing what we love in life. Having $$ for $$ sake IS Empty! I can't even believe it's not illegal! I never would have thought places like that even existed. I mean, I knew Wall St existed but, I thought they operated fairly honestly and made $$ for their clients as well.
 I get resentful that due to dealing with domestic issues and abuses growing up I was forced to be responsible and "good" early on. All I ever did was try to be "good" and "healthy". There was so much fighting and hatred in my house as a kid I tried very early to have be "healthy" and "spiritual" so I wouldn't turn out to be like either one of my parents. I felt like I had poison inside me from growing up in that house that if I moved it would circulate through me blood stream and spread. I tried my hardest not to simply let go and live, there by allowing the Poison to make its way through my life. I tried forcing myself to be healthy, reading every book on the dysfunctional family, communication skills, therapy, meditation, Yoga, weight training, jogging, anything so I wouldn't repeat where I came from.
 I learned about Co Dependency and Love addiction early on. I did everything "therapeutic"  to give myself an "exorcism". I attended 12 step groups for Co dependency issues because I was made to feel  responsible for my mother as a kid.
 I've been talking about what the world is talking about more openly now since I was 7 years old. I knew the issues of $$ came from the way we were raised and treated as kids and that if we weren't raised in healthy environments and had a healthy self image, money would only be a reflection of that. It would only be an extension of our emotional illness and I naively thought Society wouldn't allow that. I truly believed in Divine Justice and that Nature would never allow Emotionally ill people to get far in life. I believed in Justice and that any deviant would never be able to get as far as so many greedy, addicted, power hungry, mentally ill, have gotten.
 The I realized,, it's not Nature or Divine Justice that allowed it,, people did. People who, themselves, allowed $$ to divert them from what's important. Just because most people aren't ## addicts like they are on Wall St doesn't mean they don't do the same thing. They still sell out for $$, they just sell out for less.
 Why the entire country is not in a 12 step program is beyond me! Congress, the Military Industrial complex, the White House, Corporations, ALL need to be in a 12 step program and WE the people need to be the intervention! It's time to get Clean, it's time to get a Spiritual practice. it's time to re prioritize and  put what's really valuable at the top of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment